What will your legacy be?
Your legacy can transform the lives of those suffering from addiction and help pave the way to long-term, successful recovery. By making the Alano Club of Kent County a beneficiary of your will, trust, retirement plans, life insurance policy or financial accounts, your generosity will go even further to support thousands of men, women, and families in recovery across the Grand Rapids community.
The Alano Club of Kent County started over 65 years ago, with just a few men and women who were looking for space for Alcoholics Anonymous members to meet on a more permanent basis. Initially, the Club just hosted AA meetings. Over the years, we have expanded our reach and now serve the recovery community with programs that include:
• Alcoholics Anonymous
• Al-Anon (families and friends)
• Adult Children of Alcoholics
• Double Trouble (dual diagnosis)
• Eating Disorders Anonymous
• Food Addicts
• Heroin Anonymous
• Medicated-Assisted Treatment
• Narcotics Anonymous
• Secular AA
• SMART Recovery
• Recovery Yoga
• Refuge Recovery
• Zen Meditation
The purpose of the Club today is the same as
it has always been - to provide a permanent,
safe and welcoming meeting space for the
How Can I Contribute?
• Cash Pledges for a Certain Amount of
• Named Endowment to Honor Family or
• Publicly Traded Securities, i.e. Stocks or
• Life Insurance Proceeds
• Real Estate
• Individual Retirement Accounts
• Collectibles or Other Assets
• Through your Will or Estate
Please mail your support to Grand Rapids Community Foundation, 185 Oakes St. SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503 or call to learn more (616) 454-1751. For more information on how you can create your own lasting legacy of healing with a planned gift, please contact Club Executive Director, Grant Young at (616) 301-1491
Who Manages the Fund?
The Grand Rapids Community Foundation administers the Alano Club of Kent County Endowment Fund. The Club’s Board Treasurer and Endowment Fund Chair oversee the management of the fund. The principal fund remains intact and provides investment income to enhance the mission of the Alano Club of Kent County. The endowment fund does not replace or in any way alter our giving to the annual operating budget.
Your Donation Makes a Difference!
Because of supporters like you, we are able to:
• Keep our doors open 365 days a year – including holidays!
• Host 16 different programs to offer multiple pathways to recovery, broadening outreach to those in need.
• Host over 100 recovery and support meetings each week.
• Serve more than 1000 visitors weekly free of charge.
• Provide accountability and thus, a greater chance for sustainability.
• Live up to our reputation for saving lives, marriages, and families.
• Double the impact of your donation thanks to Club users who have offered to
match up to $150,000 in donations!
“I am a suicide survivor. My mother, brother, and sister took their lives and died from alcoholism because they never made it to these tables. I am a SURVIVOR of the same, exact disease, alive only by God’s grace and the recovery program here at
the Club. We pay a high price to sit in these seats”